Blogger is not loading in Internet Explorer properly. Blogger loads much faster in Google chrome.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Eames house of cards - Mid century inspired art Puzzle


Hello
It's been a busy week but I have some new pieces I will be launching to my Etsy site this weekend.

We made these really fun Eames Mid century inspired house of cards puzzle in art a few weeks back. There made fairly simple with chip board that I get from Blick art materials. I cut the chip board in different sizes and the kids draw designs on them with sharpies but you could also use acrylic paint and I cut slits on them so they fit together. More slits on a longer end, only 1 or 2 slits on the shorter ends.

They are really fun for the kids they can take them apart and put them back together a different way and it has a new look and they can add to them and make there sculpture bigger. Great puzzle table art.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! As a first year art teacher, I'm not very good at getting projects home with students. Hence the large box of Christmas Collages in the Art room. Now I know what to do with them. The timing couldn't be more perfect because we are starting a sculpture unit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much attracted to this project. I am not an art teacher but teach art to KS3 students ages 11 to 13 years of age. One question how did your students approach this project? was inspiration based on any particular artiste or a theme that easily motivated the stetsons.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...